30Leucorrhea is a thick whitish discharge from the vagina and almost all women would get this during reproductive cycle. Although the vaginal discharge will be normally white in color, for some women it may be yellow or greenish yellow. There are number of factors like hormonal changes, diabetes and anemia which cause leucorrhea. However you need not worry about leucorrhea since it is a routine for every women. You need to pay attention only if the vaginal discharge is accompanied by other symptoms like itching and redness in the vaginal area. In rare cases, this white discharge begun before the first menstrual cycle of a girl.
Vaginal discharges are common in all women. The amount of discharge in normal cases is so minute that it is seldom noticed or recognized by women. But in cases of leucorrhea the discharge is very much noticeable. The fouls smell and thickness of the discharge also distinguishes it from normal vaginal discharges. Sometimes the problem of leucorrhea is found in girls before the start of menses. This is a sign that the girl is about to start her menstruation.
Diet Lifestyle Advice:
- Avoid heavy, oily, fried, spicy, and sour foods.
- Tea, coffee, alcohol, aerated drinks and non-vegetarian food should also be avoided.
- Chewing betel nuts after meals is very helpful.
- Increase intake of fruits, vegetables, and salads.
- Increase liquids in the diet, such as water, soup, milk and juice. These help to flush out the toxins.
- Maintain proper hygiene. Wash undergarments with an antibiotic solution, and let them dry under the sun.
- Do not watch or read anything that could be sexually stimulating.
Immunity is an important factor to check leucorrhea. If the immunity is poor it attracts more infections and is very susceptible to recurrent infections leading to leucorrhea. Though lots of antibiotics are present today fro the treatment of leucorrhea but ayurvedic and unani system of medicine has been treating this problem successfully for over thousand years with pure herbal medicines. The chances of recurrence are also very less with herbal medicines.